February 11, 2022
As part of Transvalor Americas growth, we are recruiting a new Support Engineer. Below is the job description, and make sure to apply if you feel you are the right person for this job, we are always looking for talented people!
Note that this position can be remote. We also have our office in Chicago Downtown. Let's be flexible.
Primarily responsible for implementing and supporting software use with our customers. Secondary focus will be on training users to Transvalor’s software for the customers’ applications. Occasionally support our sales team by providing compelling reports and presentation of the analysis.
The Support Engineer provides Transvalor Americas Corp existing customers with compelling and reliable technical solutions to the complex integration, operation and production problems associated with Transvalor’s material forming simulation software. The Support Engineer ensures that the data provided by a prospect are compelling to perform the simulations. The Support Engineer runs the simulations, analyses the results, and provides a report to the sales team.
The main functions are:
• Reply in timely fashion to inbound calls and emails
• Prioritize, manage, and log multiple open issues at a time
• Monitor, manage, and resolve customer tickets
• Follow-up with users to ensure their systems are fully functional after issues have been resolved
• Maintain CRM (Salesforce) up-to-date with latest ticket status
• Work with engineering team and other departments to drive resolution on escalated support tickets
• Online and on-site training
• Assist the Sales team by running simulations with prospect data and create detailed reports
• Assist with software installation in customers’ environment
• Obtain a deep level of knowledge of the capabilities and functionality of the Transvalor’s software portfolio
• Provide feedback on improvement potential for Transvalor products management team
• Build strong, trusting relationships with customers
Qualifications and Experience:
• Education: Master degree or BA in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in software technical support in related field
• Strong understanding of material forming, and mechanical processes
• Must have strong written and oral communications skills (including technical writing)
• Must be a problem-solver
• Must be able to travel up to 40% (post COVID-19)
• Be a team player with high level of autonomy
• Ability to work on multiple complex tasks concurrently
• Keep track of multiple concurrent tasks and deliverables
• Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely, in a way that connects with the audience (regardless of level)
• Basic IT skills to guide users through complex software installations, Windows and Linux
• Knowledge of Finite Element simulation software is a plus
• Knowledge of CAD software is a plus
Transvalor Americas Corporation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be part of an incredible journey!